The latest release of EasyApache includes improvements to several third-party libraries and utilities.
Updates to EasyApache 3.8.2 include support for mod_ruid2 version 0.9.4. The mod_ruid2 module is a suexec module for Apache 2.0 that provides performance similar that of mod_php with the security of suphp. This module allows PHP applications to run as the user, instead of as the user nobody in a manner similar to suphp. However, mod_ruid2 is incompatible with some EasyApache modules, such as FastCGI, mod_cache, mod_disk_cache, mod_mem_cache, and ModMono. While mod_ruid2 may be ideal for many environments, cPanel recommends testing and verification that it is appropriate for your configuration. Generally, mod_ruid2 is not considered to be production-worthy.
EasyApache 3.8.2 also provides:
- EasyApache operation with FastCGI
- Updates to numerous third-party libraries and tools
- Updates to CloudLinux APR patches (mod_hostinglimits)
The final major update to EasyApache changes the default PHP 5 version to 5.3.8 and the default PHP 4 version to 4.4.9.
We strongly recommend that all server admins rebuild their EasyApache profile immediately.
To rebuild the EasyApache profile:
- Log in to WHM as the root user.
- Click on the EasyApache (Apache Update) link in the left menu.
- If you wish to keep the same configuration, simply click the Build Profile Now button at the bottom of the screen.
For more information regarding these updates, please visit: