cPanel® & WHM® and CloudLinux
Working Together For Enhanced Resource Usage Management, Security, and Performance
cPanel® is very excited to announce our first ever formal partnership with CloudLinux. Using cPanel software with CloudLinux provides hosting companies and data centers with the only commercially-supported Linux Operating System (OS) optimized for their needs, ensuring spikes in resource usage won’t take down an entire server. Together, we have unified our licensing systems, integrated direct support, and made it easy for customers to use cPanel software with Cloudlinux.
CloudLinux can be used in conjunction with cPanel & WHM® software and other hosting products, making cPanel® your single source for all CloudLinux licenses.
Direct licensing through cPanel will be available soon via https://www.cpanel.net/store/ for new purchases or upgrades.
As a Partner NOC, you can quickly activate CloudLinux via https://manage2.cpanel.net. You will also be able to sell and license CloudLinux and will receive a consolidated bill for both cPanel/WHM® and CloudLinux. Licenses configuration are available through our On-Demand license system via API or the Web.
What makes using cPanel® software with CloudLinux great?
- Improved stability by limiting the resources any single user can consume.
In shared hosting, the most common reason for downtime is a single account slowing down other accounts on the server. Using cPanel/WHM® software with CloudLinux utilizes innovative Lightweight Virtual Environment (LVE) technology, improving the density and stability of your shared hosting environment for all tenants.
- Transparent to both the administrator and end user
Because LVE is a Kernel Level technology, it’s lightweight and transparent.
- Increased server efficiency
By monitoring and containing resource spikes, CloudLinux eliminates the need to leave server resources idle, providing you the ability to host twice as many accounts on your cPanel/WHM server.
- Admin interface within cPanel® and WHM® software to easily manage account usage
Within cPanel and WHM, CloudLinux gives you and your clients the visibility and accessibility to see and control the exact resource usage of each website.
CloudLinux Supported Environments and Compatible Software
- CentOS or RHEL
- Xen, VMWare, HyperV, KVM, Baremetal
- Apache, LiteSpeed, Nginx, Varnish
For more information regarding supported Virtual Environments, please visit http://go.cpanel.net/clvirt
- Q: What happens when an account reaches its resource limits?
- A: Once an account reaches the limit of set resources, its sites will begin to slow down. When the number of entry processes (apache/http requests) for that account is reached, site visitors will get a 503 error message. The account consuming too many resources will temporarily stop working until their resource usage returns to normal. Meanwhile, the other tenants on the server will continue to run normally.
- Q: Can cPanel® with CloudLinux work within Virtual Machines?
- A: cPanel with CloudLinux is fully compatible with hypervisor based virtualization, but container level virtualization (like Virtuozzo, OpenVZ, vserver) is not supported at this time.
- Q: Can I install my own kernel?
- A: LVE technology is part of the CloudLinux kernel. By installing your own kernel, you will lose LVE functionality.
Because we highly value your immediate needs, we’re providing direct Enterprise, Priority, and Complimentary support for CloudLinux in the exact same fashion we do for our core products. We’ve also integrated the CloudLinux support team into our ticket system to provide you with the best possible experience. Single source support means you will always receive our best for your hosting services.
If you have any questions regarding our partnership with CloudLinux, its integration with cPanel®, or how you can begin using cPanel with CloudLinux, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.