Install the Latest Version of cPanel® & WHM® Software
System requirements for cPanel & WHM software range from a 266 MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, and a 20GB hard disk to multi-processor, multi-core systems.
We offer support for new installations on these operating systems and architectures.
|Processor||266 MHz processor|
|Memory||512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended when hosting many accounts)|
|Disk Space||20GB hard disk (40GB is recommended)|
|Supported Virtual Environments [1.]|
|Microsoft Server® 2008 Hyper-V [2.]|
|OpenVZ (STABLE releases only)|
|Oracle VM VirtualBox, VirtualBox OSE|
|VMware® Server, VMware® ESX Server|
|Xen, XenEnterprise™, XenExpress™, XenServer™|
|Supported Operating Systems
(i386 and x86-64 ONLY)
|CentOS versions 5.x, 6.x|
|Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® versions 5.x, 6.x|
|CloudLinux 5.x, 6.x [3.]|
|Virtual Environments Detected and Reported as Functional|
- cPanel software does not support 32-bit Virtual Environments that run on a 64-bit host kernel.
- cPanel software supports the drivers and configurations provided by Microsoft.
- CloudLinux is not compatible with OpenVZ or Virtuozzo.
- For SmartOS to be detected, you must use cPanel & WHM software version 11.36.1 or higher.
Please keep the following facts in mind when you install cPanel® & WHM® software:
- We strongly recommend a system that exceeds the minimum requirements. This is especially true if you plan to host a large number of domains and accounts.
- You should install a minimal version of the operating system. All services that cPanel requires will automatically be installed during the cPanel & WHM software installation process. Installing services prior to the installation of cPanel & WHM software will cause compatibility problems.
- Because cPanel software is designed for commercial hosting, we only license publicly visible, static IP addresses. We do not license dynamic, sticky, or internal IPs.
- cPanel does not support one-to-many NAT.
To install cPanel® & WHM® software on CentOS:
- Download a free CentOS DVD ISO. To use this ISO, you must burn the image to a DVD. Then, insert the DVD into the server and turn it on.
- Upon its first reboot, the ISO will install cPanel and WHM software in the background.
- For more details, read our documentation on Installing cPanel and WHM software. If you have questions, please contact our sales team.
How long will this release of cPanel® & WHM® software receive support?
The 11.32 release of cPanel & WHM officially introduced the “Long-Term Support” initiative. To learn more, see our Long-Term Support document.
|cPanel & WHM Version||Approximate Release Date||Anticipated End of Life*|
|11.44||June 2014||June 2015|
|11.42||Jan. 2014||Jan. 2015|
|11.40||Oct. 2013||Oct. 2014|
*cPanel® & WHM® software releases that have reached End of Life (EOL) are unavailable for installation and will no longer receive fixes or patches from cPanel®, Inc.