cPanel/WHM is published in four builds:
- EDGE - The latest build, with the newest features and least testing. We do not recommend running this build on a production web server.
- CURRENT - More mature and tested than EDGE.
- RELEASE - The preferred build for a production server, as it is generally current enough to contain the latest fixes and new features.
- STABLE – For conservative web hosts who do not wish to run the latest release.
Exciting news! We just published the latest version of our Linux web hosting software — cPanel/WHM 11.25 — to the EDGE build.*
While cPanel/WHM was already famous for its ease of use and reliability, version 11.25 offers several improvments, including:
- Quicker access from mobile devices, due to fewer authentication requests from the server.
- IMAP IDLE support for mobile devices, allowing near real-time mail delivery from Dovecot mail servers.
- Streamlined cPanel interfaces, such as Email Accounts and MX Entry.
- An overhauled language system that provides greater accuracy and language compatibility, with less memory consumption.
More info on usability enhancements.
- Session tokens and blank referer checks, to help prevent cross-site request forgery.
- Better cPHulk reliability, for improved protection against brute force attacks.
More info on security features.
- Lower memory consumption during synchronization of DNS clusters.
- Quicker restart processes for both the Apache web server and the BIND nameserver.
- Quicker load times for the cPanel home page.
More info on efficiency improvements.
And those are just a few of the upgrades you get with 11.25! For more detailed information, take a look at our cPanel/WHM 11.25 website.
For technical details, see our version 11.25 release notes.
Note: As of version 11.25, cPanel will discontinue support for the x and x2 themes. During installation of 11.25, current users of the x and x2 themes will automatically be switched to the up-to-date x3 theme, which uses the x branding package.