Deploy Servers Simply and Efficiently
cPanel & WHM Automates the Entire Server Deployment Process, From Installation to Updating.
Deploying cPanel & WHM is simple
Our software lets you customize your configuration, while the cPanel & WHM installation script can deploy a huge numbers of servers in a short period of time. Our on-demand licensing provides API and web-based access for managing your licenses and billing.
How to Deploy cPanel
cPanel & WHM can be deployed using a traditional installation script. In one command your centOS, CloudLinux, or Red Hat Linux server will be installing, configuring and, preparing itself to be a fully automated web hosting solution. Beyond a simple to use installation script, cPanel & WHM can be deployed using automation techniques including image based deployment and kickscripts. The installation script is handy if you are deploying one server at a time, but using some our advanced techniques will help achieve faster installations in cases where mass server deployment is required.
Image Based Deployment:
Popular virtualization software such as, OnApp, XEN, KVM, and VMWARE provide you the ability to create images/snapshots of a based configuration and deploy these images. There are a few steps that are required to make this process smooth:
- Update network configuration – Change the network settings of the new server to the new network configuration
- Run /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt to update the license file
- Run /scripts/upcp on the server to ensure that everything is up to date
Kickstart – cPanel Auto Provisioning:
What if you could deploy cPanel & WHM and have your default configurations in place when the installation is completed? Using a special setup called kickstart, you can include setting and configuration options that allow you to do just that.
Features of the Kickstart
- Configure cPanel & WHM (including Tweak Settings)
- Deploy custom EasyApache Profiles
- Install 3rd party software
How the cPanel Installer works
The installation of cPanel is simple for a first time user.
- Install a fresh (minimal *nix) Operating System on a server with a public IP address
- Obtain a cPanel License from a reseller or from cPanel Directly
- Connect to the server through SSH as the root user
- Run cd /home — This command moves the user to the home directory
- Run wget -N http://httpupdate.cpanel.net/latest — This command downloads the latest cPanel Installer
- Run sh latest — This command opens and executes the installation files
During the 30-45 minute installation, cPanel will:
- Download and copy cPanel files to the correct locations on the server
- Update system programs like: Bind, Postgres, etc.
- Compile PERL
- Install MySQL
- Install IMAP
- Install Exim
- Install Apache
- Install PHP
Once the installation is complete, you can configure cPanel & WHM via https://yourdomain.tld:2087
After the Install
After cPanel & WHM has been installed and is fully running on the server, the client will be able to administer it. Regular software updates occur automatically and seamlessly, and updates that require more technical knowledge are simplified through cPanel & WHM’s user friendly interfaces.
Data Centers that use cPanel & WHM don’t have to worry about performing trivial updates for things such as, Apache, Dovecot, Exim, etc. The client can perform all of these updates themselves. This saves time, money, and resources.